Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Red Balloon


I have to confess something.  I've been stuck in a rut.  A HUGE rut.  Since approximately September. I mean, I've had artist block before.  But I'm battling the freaking Great Wall of China here.  I'm not quite sure how to dig myself out of this, and I've been spending many weeks trying to figure out how to escape this miserable hole of artistic impediment.  Hitting myself over the head with my digging shovel may result in more success.  I'll bookmark that thought and save it for later.

Anyway, here's something new I'm trying out.  It's been awhile since I've done pen and ink sketching, so I'm bringing that back into the mix and flirting that with my illustrative style.  Playing with the three-dimensional element is especially new to me, though.  I'm internally laughing at myself, questioning how long it will be before I get sick of cutting out small pieces of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment