Saturday, January 7, 2012

Society of Illustrators LA

"A Day at the Fair"

This afternoon I received word that my work, A Day at the Fair, has been chosen for the Society of Illustrators LA exhibition.  (Who am I kidding, throw in a few of these: !!!!)  I'm pretty freaking stoked, considering I've been spending the last four months questioning my artistic directions and my place in the art world.

This was just the kind of news I needed to pick me up.  I'm looking forward to a night that doesn't involve nightmares of spending the rest of my life waitressing the midnight shift at a Jersey diner.  Just one night though.  Tomorrow night it's back to grind.  And the panic.

Here's a little info about the competition I entered, in case you're unfamiliar: http://www.illustrationwest.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment